Monday, February 13, 2012

New Spanish style home question. What type of plantings should I use for my Spanish style home?

I live in zone5. St. Louis.I like the spain style (i think) over mexico. My house is white brick with bits of red brick showing. I like color too. I'm thinking red blooms, white, yellow, and what--purple? Of course green and plantings like--ferns? What kinds of plants and flowers should I plant?
New Spanish style home question. What type of plantings should I use for my Spanish style home?
Plant "live oak" trees and flowering almond. A sunny rock garden with creeping phlox and sedum stonecrop would make a good showing spring through fall. Ferns would look great close to the house with a colorful annual border. Try to create arches and recesses as they play a large role in Spanish architecture. An arbor may help. I am not sure if olive trees will grow well in your area, but they make a stately appearance in a Spanish theme.
Reply:not sure if this will help but a garden center should be able to help some with what can go in in you area and if u look at some houses with landscaping the match you can plan from there .but i do know yucca plants can go many places and go with the spanish theme but they love love love color
  • eye make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment