Monday, January 30, 2012

How often do I need to water my Chrysanthemum's?

My wedding is in 2 weeks and it is outside. I am decorating with mums. I also live in East Texas, so it is very hot outside. I bought my mums yesterday and they are just starting to flower. There are a lot of buds that are just starting to show their color. The lady at the nursery said that they would be perfect in two weeks and in full bloom. I do not know how often I need to water them...once a day, twice a day? And do I need to use miricle grow?
How often do I need to water my Chrysanthemum's?
If it's hot and dry and they are in pots, we would water them in the morning and late afternoon just to be on the safe side. You shouldn't need to fertilize unless you are going to keep them afterward, the we would fertilize when they have stopped blooming.



Good luck with your wedding, we hope everything is perfect for you.



Visit our website for more gardening ideas at-

http://www.gardening-at-the-crossroads.c...



Good Luck and Happy Gardening from Cathy and Neal!
Reply:Once every other day should be sufficient if they are out of the sun...water daily (lightly) if in full sun or it is excessively hot ...DO NOT FEED THEM...at least not before the wedding..Most nursery bred plants have a pelleted plant food in the soil.. you will burn them if you feed.

Congratulations and Best Wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment